This summer heat has had some brides wondering if their dream January wedding date was a smart move… But why not work with the heat and make use of our TOP 5 wedding accessories to keep you and your guests cool at … Continue reading
With the cooler months fast approaching, we thought it would be a good idea to give some inspiration to our brides who are planning a Winter Wonderland Wedding!
* please note these images are not ours – we’ve taken them from various blogs and websites to provide inspiration only!*
The ulimate ceremony location!
Mia Solano M1099Z – the perfect Winter Wonderland wedding dress
Add a fur coat for instant winter glamour
Mia Solano M9809L – in Lavender
This week’s Gown of the Week is by Mia Solano M1217L
There are a million things a bride needs to think about before her special day;
Groomsmen’s suits? Check
Often, learning (or figuring out) how to lace up your wedding dress is so far down the list of important things to remember, it’s forgotton.
Here is a very simple guide on how to do it, so that the panic button isn’t hit the morning of the wedding
1. Put the dress on the bride
2. Adjust the dress so it’s sitting in the correct position on the brides body
3. Make sure the modesty panel (if there is one) is sitting neatly (don’t clip it on both sides as it will buckle when dress is pulled tight)
4. Use a ribbon or a shoelace as a ’waist tie’ to hold the dress in place halfway down the lace-up (depending on the dress about 6-7 loops from the bottom)
5 . Ensure that the ribbon is centered (so that you don’t run out of ribbon half-way through)
6. Start lacing from the top down. Alternate loops with the ribbon so that the ribbon criss-crosses across the back of the gown
7. Lace-up to the waist tie from step 3
8. Pull tight each loop
9. Finish lacing the rest of the gown
10. Starting from the top, pull tight each loop and work your way down to the bottom of the gown
11. When the dress has been tightened all the way down – you have two options
Option 1: Tie ribbon in a knot and tuck it down the back of the gown
12. Enjoy getting ready stress free!