This summer heat has had some brides wondering if their dream January wedding date was a smart move… But why not work with the heat and make use of our TOP 5 wedding accessories to keep you and your guests cool at … Continue reading
Merry Christmas and Welcome to 2013!
As with any New Year, we’ve made a few resolutions of our own.
1. Give our Luv Bridal blog some more Luv
(2012 was a very busy year and it didn’t get much attention from us)
2. Give our readers more amazing ideas and tips/tricks to use for their special day
3. Spread the word of Luv Bridal to lovely brides everywhere!
We’ve already had a couple of super keen brides in this year whose dates aren’t until end 2014/2015. A couple of these lovely brides were just mega organised and wanted to have everything in place and others were just unsure as to the appropriate time to start shopping for their gown and organizing everything else!
We found this super cute drawing by Veronica Dearly (a British illustrator/designer), which is a fun take on organizing a wedding – game board style!! (not to be confused with gangnam style).
If that doesn’t offer you some practical guidance, stay tuned because we’ve got more great planning ideas coming up very soon!
with luv xx
Everyone loves a long weekend. What better way to spend it than with a wedding?
Easter provides the perfect time for a wedding – and we’ve had a little fun with ideas for this one.
A good idea is to stick with lots of pastel colours - think baby pink, light blues, and mint green.
Here’s a bouquet by Jacqui M Designs – some of you may have met her in our Brisbane showroom on a Saturday
Gown wise something quite soft will be perfect for your Easter wedding
Sandra used baby pinks and mocha colours at her wedding in February!
Hope you enjoyed our Easter-themed Blog – we hope everyone has a very safe and happy Easter!
With the cooler months fast approaching, we thought it would be a good idea to give some inspiration to our brides who are planning a Winter Wonderland Wedding!
* please note these images are not ours – we’ve taken them from various blogs and websites to provide inspiration only!*
The ulimate ceremony location!
Mia Solano M1099Z – the perfect Winter Wonderland wedding dress
Add a fur coat for instant winter glamour
Mia Solano M9809L – in Lavender
This week’s Gown of the Week is by Mia Solano M1217L
There are a million things a bride needs to think about before her special day;
Groomsmen’s suits? Check
Often, learning (or figuring out) how to lace up your wedding dress is so far down the list of important things to remember, it’s forgotton.
Here is a very simple guide on how to do it, so that the panic button isn’t hit the morning of the wedding
1. Put the dress on the bride
2. Adjust the dress so it’s sitting in the correct position on the brides body
3. Make sure the modesty panel (if there is one) is sitting neatly (don’t clip it on both sides as it will buckle when dress is pulled tight)
4. Use a ribbon or a shoelace as a ’waist tie’ to hold the dress in place halfway down the lace-up (depending on the dress about 6-7 loops from the bottom)
5 . Ensure that the ribbon is centered (so that you don’t run out of ribbon half-way through)
6. Start lacing from the top down. Alternate loops with the ribbon so that the ribbon criss-crosses across the back of the gown
7. Lace-up to the waist tie from step 3
8. Pull tight each loop
9. Finish lacing the rest of the gown
10. Starting from the top, pull tight each loop and work your way down to the bottom of the gown
11. When the dress has been tightened all the way down – you have two options
Option 1: Tie ribbon in a knot and tuck it down the back of the gown
12. Enjoy getting ready stress free!
One of our gorgeous Brides Melissa was married recently at Peppers Resort at Kingscliffe.
Her wedding was filmed by Motion Art who kindly shared the video with us.
Her bridesmaids wore a flowy Raylia Designs chiffon gown in Peacock.
Congratulations to Melissa and Ryan – you guys looked amazing! Thanks also to Motion Art who shared their video with us!